Saturday, June 4, 2011

Why life, although similiar, is not as fun as puzzle games.

Settled Pools of Rainwater Swirling with Rainbows

Present to me a puzzle layout made of mud
and water, how to get from here to home,
before the dark clouds gather --

a step
this way, a zag that
way, one step
              to the right,
an inch to the
left; yet despite tactics
and care, I nearly slipped

on the edge
of a clear one over there --

but fortune blessed--

I stopped myself
after an awkward dance,
posing for a moment
like an odd palm. Frozen

in this lesson. I've learnt.
Lightly on a leaf.
Surely on a rocky bit.

Thought I finally had it down
until that last step – one more

step
to the tarmac.

Toe and all into the mire,
muck up to the laces,
pants half ruined,
splattered silt everywhere;

this is where I should
give up, reload
to get all my stars

but there's no going back,
no undo, no restart.



(Inspired by HVP's photo "Reflections")

KNHFSD8SY5DU

2 comments:

dsnake1 said...

interesting, life as a game. but no restarts, no new credits.

i really like your first stanza, it's beautiful. :)

Ravenblack said...

Thanks dsnake. As a gamer, one always tries to find comparison, games are easier but life is more interesting. :D